SILVEX® is a water based hydrogel for use in moist wound care management and has been evaluated in standard tests that show it can reduce the levels of common microorganisms including MRSA and VRE, Staphylococcus aureus, Psuedomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Fungi such as Candida albicans & Aspergillus niger.
Had a puncture wound on my foot which wasn’t getting any better with other products. Got this stuff and within 1 use was already starting to heal up. Really works.
- Steph, June 22, 2019
I had a second degree burn and no change for 1 week. After using this, in 1-2 days the wound started healing! It is perfect.
- Atoosa, October 9, 2019
This works great. I had a burn that wouldn’t heal. I used this a couple of times and it started healing and finally got a scab on it.
- Val, June 25, 2019
My mom is sensitive to anything “sporin” , so I keep this on hand for her to use if the need arises. Price is on par with other wound gels.
- Kimberly S, August 24, 2019
This gel is amazing. I work as a chef and often get minor burns while on the line. I tried neosporin but it made my skin dry. After doing research on stronger products, I learned that silver products are antibiotic AND antimicrobial. I would recommend to my family.
- Val, January 3, 2020
• The gel contains silver hydrosol that may inhibit the growth of microorganisms within the dressing
such as MRSA & VRE, Staph, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Fungi such as Candida albicans & Aspergillus niger.
• Silver ions prevent bacterial growth and speed up healing time, making them valuable for treating burn and wound victims.
Wash your hands with soap and water before touching the wound.
Carefully clean the wound using soap and water or an appropriate commercial brand of wound cleanser.
Dispense SILVEX ® onto an appropriate clean applicator (such as a tongue depressor or gauze) in a sufficient amount to liberally cover the wound. Cover the gel with an appropriate secondary dressing cover such as a gauze bolster, dressing wrap, film or non-woven adhesive secondary dressing.
1. Carefully remove the secondary dressing from the wound.
2. Residual SILVEX® may be removed with the cover dressing.
3. Follow instructions above to re-apply the gel.
SILVEX® should normally be changed every 24 hours, but the frequency will depend on the type and condition of the wound.
1. Consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or questions about the wound.
2. Be alert for signs of wound infection.
These could include:
• Pus or cloudy fluid drains from the wound
• Increased redness around the wound
• Wound has become extremely tender
• Increased pain or swelling 48 hours after the wound occurred
• Onset of fever
• Wound has not healed within 10 days from the date of the injury
3. SILVEX® is designed for use on any part of the body except for oral and ophthalmic use. Consult a healthcare professional before using the gel in any other manner.
• Minor Cuts
• Skin irritations
• 1st and 2nd Degree Burns